Contracts and Procurement
The City of Gainesville follows a centralized business model with each department handling all non-construction goods and services for themselves. Construction and Engineering requests for proposals are administered by the Administration Department.
The City of Gainesville is committed to providing financial transparency. As such, we make every effort to deliver financial information that is readily accessible and available for our citizens. Our mission is to provide quality service to our customers and vendors, by implementing and supporting processes that provide timely, cost-effective, and high-quality contracts. With the implementation of the Transparency Stars Program by the State Comptroller of Public Accounts, there is an additional standard of excellence that the City of Gainesville will strive to achieve.
To learn more about the Comptroller's efforts to encourage transparency among local government agencies, please visit the Texas Transparency website.
The City of Gainesville publishes bid opportunities in the Gainesville Daily Register and online using the City's bid module. Please sign up with the module to receive a text message or email when new bids are added. Advertisements for invitation to bid will indicate the appropriate method for response by bidders.
Graphs and Visualizations
- Authorized vs. Spend Amounts (5-Year View) (PDF)
- Contracts by Major Category (FY 17) (PDF)
- Award by Business Sector (FY 18) (PDF)
Includes awarding resolution, bid advertisement and addendum, tabulations, and recommendation for award.
- 2017-08 Law Enforcement Body Camera System and Storage
- 2018-01 Fire Station Engineering
- 2018-02 Transfer Station Engineering
- 2018-03 Farmers Market Improvements
- 2018-04 GEDC Professional and Engineering Services
- 2018-05 Clements St Water Tower Maintenance Program
View the check registers page.
Purchasing Procedures and Policies
- City of Gainesville Charter, Article V. Financial Procedures
- City of Gainesville Purchasing Policy (PDF)
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 252: PURCHASING AND CONTRACTING AUTHORITY OF MUNICIPALITIES
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 271: PURCHASING AND CONTRACTING AUTHORITY OF MUNICIPALITIES, COUNTIES, AND CERTAIN OTHER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS
- Government Code 2269 CONTRACTING AND DELIVERY PROCEDURES FOR CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS