Click to Home
Go To Search
Gainesville Video TourBookFacebookTwitter

Permit Information
Julie Smith
Community Services Director

Claire Barnes
Community Services Administrative Assistant

104 West Hird Street
Gainesville, TX  76240

Ph: (940) 668-4799
Fx: (940) 668-4536

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Required Permits

Building Permits

A building permit is required for all new construction, remodeling, renovations, changes and additions to structures. A permit is also required for any accessory buildings, fences or flatwork.

The City's Building Inspection Department is responsible for issuance of all permits that occur within the City. Countywide Inspection Services does all plan reviews as well as inspections for the City of Gainesville Building Inspection Department.

Residential Permit Submittal Requirements packet, Permit Application click here

Commercial Permit Submittal Requirements packet, Permit Application click here

Moss Lake Boat Dock Permit Application (New Construction) click here

Required for all Commercial Businesses

Certificate of Occupancy

Every business within the City of Gainesville shall have a current Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.). This Certificate of Occupancy shall be posted or displayed at each place of business.

This certificate ensures the public that the business has been inspected and meets the City's requirements for zoning, business use, and that the building meets the health, safety, and welfare requirements of the City.

If your business does not have a current Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.), please apply at the Community Services Department, 104 West Hird Street.

Certificate of Occupancy Application click here.

Required Permits

Trade Permits

A permit is required for all plumbing (such as water/sewer lines, hot water heater, gas tests, etc.), electrical (service upgrade, etc.), mechanical systems (new or replacements).

A permit application must be filled out for all jobs to be done.

Residential Application click here

Commercial Application click here