Contracts and Procurement
The City of Gainesville follows a centralized business model with each department handling all non-construction goods and services for themselves. Construction and Engineering requests for proposals are administered by the Administration Department.
The City of Gainesville is committed to providing financial transparency. As such, we make every effort to deliver financial information that is readily accessible and available for our citizens. Our mission is to provide quality service to our customers and vendors, by implementing and supporting processes that provide timely, cost-effective, and high-quality contracts. With the implementation of the Transparency Stars Program by the State Comptroller of Public Accounts, there is an additional standard of excellence that the City of Gainesville will strive to achieve.
To learn more about the Comptroller's efforts to encourage transparency among local government agencies, please visit the Texas Transparency website.
The City of Gainesville publishes bid opportunities in the Gainesville Daily Register and online using the City's bid module. Please sign up with the module to receive a text message or email when new bids are added. Advertisements for invitation to bid will indicate the appropriate method for response by bidders.
Graphs and Visualizations
- Authorized vs. Spend Amounts (5-Year View) (PDF)
- Contracts by Major Category (FY 17) (PDF)
- Award by Business Sector (FY 17) (PDF)
Includes awarding resolution, bid advertisement and addendum, tabulations, and recommendation for award.
- 2017-01 Golf Cart Lease (PDF)
- 2017-02 SUMP I (PDF)
- 2017-03 Pecan Creek Rehabilitation Project (PDF)
- 2017-04 Elevated Storage Tank (PDF)
- 2017-05 Contract Labor (PDF)
View the check registers page.
Purchasing Procedures and Policies
- City of Gainesville Charter, Article V. Financial Procedures
- City of Gainesville Purchasing Policy (PDF)