Policy & Procedure
CIVIC CENTER/SANTA FE DEPOT LEASE AGREEMENT
- The LESSEE agrees that in its use of said facility it will indemnify and hold harmless the PERMITTER from any and all neglect or misconduct on the part of anyone representing and /or in the employ of the LESSEE.
- The LESSEE agrees that in its use of said facility it will indemnify and hold harmless the PERMITTER from all personal injury, and/or property damage arising from its use of said facility.
- Extraordinary custodial services, those required in addition to that, which the PERMITTER routinely provides, are to be incurred by the LESSEE. This implies leaving said facility in the state it was in prior to usage by the LESSEE.
- The LESSEE agrees to use said facility only for the intents as purposes specified in this rental contract.
- Any other conditions not listed here are part of the established Rules and Regulations governing the use of the Gainesville Civic Center/Santa Fe Depot do apply to the LESSEE and usage of said facility as set forth in this rental agreement. It is the responsibility and burden of the LESSEEE to become knowledgeable of these other conditions and be in total compliance.
- If the LESSEE at any time fails to comply with any of the aforementioned terms and conditions, this contract will be immediately cancelled and with NO REFUND of monies paid prior to cancellation.
- The PERMITTER reserves the sole right to preempt any scheduled program, activity, event or otherwise if need be, provided advance notice is given to the LESSEE.
- ALL RENTAL FEES AND CHARGES MUST BE PAID IN FULL TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE ACTIVITY DATE, OTHERWISE THE ACTIVITY WILL BE CANCELLED BY THE GAINESVILLE CIVIC CENTER/SANTA FE DEOPT AND ALL MONIES PAID WILL BE FORFIETED.
- LESSEE is subject to price increases as approved by City Council.
- SECURITY OFFICERS AND LIBILITY INSURANCE WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE COORDINATOR's DISCRETION.
- FIRE EXITS MUST BE KEPT VISIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES
- All wall decorations must be flame-retardant. Only 30% of entire wall space can be covered. Wall decorations can be hung with drapery hooks, or large T-pins.
- Drip less candles may be used during a wedding ceremony. Small votive-type candles can be used for table decorations if a hurricane-type glass is placed around the candle, or the candle is placed in a votive-type holder. Other materials such as crape paper, floral decorations, etc., must be kept away from the candle.
- No pins, nails or screws to be used in any wood trim anywhere in the building or on tables.
- No heavy objects are to be hung from the ceiling. If ceiling decorations are used, the user must make sure that a Civic Center Staff member is present to assist and provide supervision while using the Civic Center ladder.
- Balloons can be used. Helium filled balloons must be limited to 40 if massed together small bouquets of balloons attached to tables are acceptable.
- Bride and Groom departing, spectators are allowed to only throw birdseed, and may use bubbles. Additional cleaning charges may apply if the lessee fails to clean up afterwards.
Rules and Regulations
The Lessee agrees to secure permits, licenses, taxes, etc., required for any activity at their expense.
During all activities and events a Gainesville Civic Center/Santa Fe Depot employee will be present when the building is in use. This employee is not responsible for performing any personal services in conjunction with any activity or event.
Lessees will not place any additional locks on doors. A Gainesville Civic Center/Santa Fe Depot employee will lock and unlock all entrances and exits at the times set forth in the lease agreement.
Lessees will not use or permit the premises to be used for sleeping or lodging purposes.
After any event or activity, the lessee is responsible for removing all his or her effects from the building, including decorations, equipment and waste. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to not only leave the building as it was presented, but the entire property, parking lot included.
The Lessee will serve alcoholic beverages in strict adherence to the alcoholic beverage guidelines. The Lessee is the only individual permitted to bring in alcohol. Should other parties be found bringing alcohol onto the property, they will be asked to promptly leave the premises.
The Lessee will appoint a Lobby Monitor to keep watch of The Lobby and surrounding areas, ensuring the function stays inside the rented rooms. This may be one individual or several throughout the course of the event.
The Lessee will not admit a larger number of people than is permitted by the Fire Code. Maximum limitations are as follows:
Main Activity Room: 484. Meeting Room I: 56. Meeting Room II: 38. Santa Fe Depot: 150. By signing this agreement, the Lessee agrees to maintain the given headcount. If at any time during the course of the event that headcount is exceeded, Staff will issue a verbal warning to the Lessee. If the headcount is not thinned out, the security deposit will not be refunded, all doors will be locked and guests will not be permitted in until the desired headcount is restored, or additional staff called in at the Lessee's expense.
Civic Center staff reserves the right to deem an event uncontrollable. If such should occur, the event will be shut down and the security deposit WILL NOT be refunded.
The City reserves the right to refuse use of the building for an indefinite period to any group that abuses the building policies.
A complete copy of all rules and regulations may be obtained by request.
The building will be closed and locked at the exact time stated in the Lease Agreement. Activities will cease 45 minutes prior to the closing deadline to allow time for the Lessee to clean up and prepare the building for closing.
The Gainesville Civic Center/Santa Fe Depot are subject to a 90 day cancellation notice. Should any event need to be cancelled for any reason up to 90 days prior to said event a full return of funds will be given. Should an event be cancelled within 90 days of event date, no refunds shall be given and the lessee will be required to submit payment for the hours that were to be rented. (7 hours minimum). If change of date is needed, we will make every attempt to accommodate your request, however there will be a $100 change fee.