- Feature Links
- Code Red
Sign-up for Emergency Notifications
The City of Gainesville has implemented the CodeRED Emergency Notification System - an ultra high-speed telephone communication service that will personally notify you in the event of an emergency. This system
allows the ability to telephone all or targeted areas of the City in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as a missing child or evacuation notices).
- The system's main purpose is to notify citizens or groups of citizens in emergency situations; however the system has the ability to be used for non-emergency notifications as well.
- No one should automatically assume his or her phone number is included in the Code Red database. All businesses should register, as well as all individuals who have unlisted phone numbers, who have changed their phone number or address within the last year, and who use a cellular phone as their primary home phone
There is no charge to register your information in the Code Red database.
Code Red notification system may be used for the following type of Emergency Incidents:
- Utility outage
- Evacuation notice & routes
- Missing persons
- Fires or Floods
- Bomb threat
- Hostage situation
- Chemical spill or Gas leak
- Drinking Water Contamination
- Boil Water Notices